Vehicles may not be parked on road right-of-way within the Village of Colon from 2 AM to 6 PM, November 1 through March 31.
Full Time – Office Manager
Village of Colon
St. Joseph County, Michigan
Hourly rate, negotiable and based on education and experience, includes benefits.
Education & Experience
Minimum of an associates degree
Three to five years of accounting experience
Resume, cover letter, and at a minimum three professional references.
Send to: Village President
P.O. Box 50
Colon, MI 49040
You may also hand-deliver your sealed package to the Village of Colon office between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
110 North Blackstone Ave.
Colon, Michigan 49040
1. Must have excellent computer skills; to include Microsoft Office
2. Knowledge preferred in Sage Accounting Software.
3. Knowledge and experience in governmental accounting.
4. Knowledge and experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
5. Knowledge and experience of journal entries.
6. Knowledge and experience of yearly budgeting & financial records.
7. Knowledge and experience of yearly auditing process.
8. Knowledge of willing to learn utility billing.
9. Must be familiar with property taxes or willing to learn.
10. Good Supervisory skills
11. Good public relationship skills
12. Must be versatile with the ability to multitask, be self motivated, and ability to research issues pertaining to governmental regulations.
Deadline for Posting
October 26, 2016 – 5:00 p.m.
The Colon Leonidas Food Pantry is opening their Free Store at 598 W. State Street, on October 4, 2016, if you have anything you would like to donate. The Free Store will be open from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. every Tuesday. If you cannot make it at the time, call Lena Fitch at 432-3127 after 1:00 p.m. and the Food Pantry will make all efforts to pick it up, as long as items are not to large or heavy.