Full Time – Office Manager
Village of Colon – St. Joseph County, Michigan
POPULATION – 1,166
Hourly rate, negotiable and based on education and experience, includes benefits.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of an associates degree. Three to five years of accounting experience.
TO APPLY – Resume, cover letter, and a minimum of three professional reference.
Send to: Village President, PO Box 50, Colon, MI 49040
You may also hand-deliver your sealed package to the Village of Colon office between the hours of 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
110 North Blackstone Ave., Colon, Michigan 49040
1. Must have excellent computer skills; to include Microsoft Office.
2. Knowledge preferred in BS&A Accounting Software.
3. Knowledge and experience in governmental accounting.
4, Knowledge of/or willing to learn various governmental reporting procedures.
5. Knowledge and experience in accounts payable, account receivable, and payroll
6. Knowledge and experience of journal entries.
7. Knowledge and experience of yearly budgeting & financial records.
8. Knowledge and experience of yearly auditing process.
9. Knowledge and experience of/or willing to learn utility billing.
10. Must be familiar with property taxes or willing to learn.
11. Good supervisory skills
12. Good public relationship skills
13. Must be versatile with the ability to multitask, be self motivated, and ability to research issues pertaining to governmental regulations.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
April 21, 2018 – 5:00 PM