Full Time – Billing Clerk
Village of Colon – St. Joseph County, Michigan
POPULATION – 1,166
Hourly rate, negotiable and based on education and experience, includes benefits.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of an associates degree. Three to five years of accounting experience.
TO APPLY – Resume, cover letter, and a minimum of three professional reference.
Send to: Village President, PO Box 50, Colon, MI 49040
You may also hand-deliver your sealed package to the Village of Colon office between the hours of 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
110 North Blackstone Ave., Colon, Michigan 49040
1. Must have excellent computer skills; to include Microsoft Office.
2. Knowledge preferred in BS&A Accounting Software.
3. Knowledge of/or willing to learn in governmental accounting.
4. Water/Sewer: Processing billing, late payment, shut off notices, new customer start ups, receiving payments, banking, mailing of monthly billing & customer questions.
5. Work with DPW supervisor by preparing thumb drive for meter reading.
6. Annual water/sewer rate increases.
7. Working with DPW supervisor reports to DEQ & State of Michigan
8. Colon Community Park rentals.
9. Inventory and purchasing of office, park and police supplies/staples.
10. Filing retention schedule.
11. Answering phone and customer service.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
April 21, 2018 – 5:00 PM