COLON VILLAGE COUNCIL
Colon Village Hall
SPECIAL MEETING – February 6, 2018
Meeting Call to Order at 7:00 PM – Pledge of Allegiance was said
Present: Edith Doenges, Dick Delp, Ruth Ann Kuhlmann, Sharon Craun, Nancy Percival, Linda Norton, Diane Downs.
Also Present: Chief Brinkert, Michael Mitchel, many Village residents and representatives from Midwest property representing Dollar General and Kurt Kuhlmann.
Approve agenda: N. Percival made a motion to accept the agenda with the deletion of closed session – Requested by Village Manager item. S. Craun seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Public Comments – Kelly Pucci (added – commented about the council not passing the Civility Act).
1) Discussion of decision to sell 210 W. South Street
- President Downs read a letter from Village Zoning Administrator Doug Kuhlman and a letter from Village Attorney Deb Davis.
- Craun suggested that the comments by the public be given more than the normal 3 minutes. Council agreed.
- Many comments were made from the public: Carl Thorton, Joe Pucii, Kay Decker, Tammy Johnson, Pam Gilbert, Dan Earl, Kelly Pucii, Lisa Gillman, Joel Eichorn, Midwest property representatives for Dollar General and a number of others.
- Delp made a motion to table the sale of the property and to have the Village Attorney research and review the Village’s options. S. Craun seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Additional public comments were made.
- Percival made a motion to adjourn. S. Craun seconded the motion. Motion to adjourn passed at 8:02 PM.
Kurt P. Kuhlmann, Clerk/Treasurer